The paper aims to understand the morphological transformation of the urban network of Wrocław caused by the rapid development and urban growth impacts. In an attempt to investigate the reason for morphological transformation of Wrocław urban network, the study focuses on the analysis of their spatial transformation through the comparative syntactic analysis during the historic process of growth of Wrocław. The spatial analysis based on ‘Space Syntax’ theories and techniques.
1. ARAW (2009), Driven by Knowledge, Wrocław Agglomeration Development Agency, <http://araw.pl/artykuly/6/Download/> (5, September 2009).
2. Figueiredo, L. (2005), Mindwalk: a Java based software for spatial analysis, Proceedings of the 5th Space Syntax International Symposium, Delft University of Technology, Delft.
3. Hillier, B. and Hanson, J. (1984), The social logic of space, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
4. Hillier, B., Hanson, J. and Peponis, J. (1987), The syntactic analysis of settlements, Architecture and Comportment/Architecture and Behavior, 3, 3, 217–231.
5. Hillier, B., Penn, A., Hanson, J., Grajewski, T. and Xu, J. (1993), Natural movement: or, configuration and attraction in urban pedestrian movement, Environment and Planning B, 20, 1, 29–66.
6. Hillier, B. (1996), Space is the machine, A configurational theory of architecture, Cambridge University Press, London.
7. Jiang, B. C. and Claramunt, C. (1999), A comparison study on space syntax as a computer representation of space, 2nd International Space Syntax Symposium Proceedings, Brasilia, Brazil.
8. Jiang, B. and Claramunt, C. (2002), Integration of space syntax into GIS: New perspectives for urban morphology, Transactions in GIS, 6, 3, 295–309.
9. Jiang, B. C. and Klarqvist, C. (2000), An integration of space syntax into GIS for urban planning and design, International Journal of Applied Earth Observations and Geoinformation, 2, 3/4, 161–171.
10. OECD (2008), Territorial Reviews. Poland, OECD Publishing, Paris.
11. Peponis, J., Hajinikolaou, E., Livieratos, C. and Fatouros, D. A. (1989), The spatial core of urban culture, Ekistics, 56, 334/335, 43–55.
12. Statistical Yearbook of Wrocław (2006), Wrocław in figures, official service of the Municipality of Wrocław, <http://www.Wroclaw.pl> (June 6, 2009).
13. Teklenburg, J. A. F., Timmermans, H. J. P. and Wagenberg, A. (1993), Space syntax: standardized integration measures and some simulations, Environment and Planning B: Planning & Design, 20, 3, 347–357.
14. Wang, H. (2009), Space configuration and movement pattern of Chinese traditional settlement, 7th International Space Syntax Symposium Proceedings, Stockholm, Sweden.
Mar 25, 2021
Aug 14, 2015
|Saeid A.. A. H., Masztalski R. - Spatial analysis of urban network of Wrocław||Mar 25, 2021|
Niemcy. Reichsamt für Landesaufnahme. Wydawca Prusy. Landesaufnahme. Redaktor
Wydawnictwo Przełom. Wydawca
Luchs, Hermann (1826–1886)