Object

This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.
This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.

Title: [A church] [An iconographic document]

Creator:

[Bogdanowicz, Mikołaj]

Date issued/created:

[ca 1914-1918]

Resource Type:

Photography

Description:

The photograph shows a large white church standing on a fenced property. The building is made in the neoclassical style and crowned by three domes: two smaller are positioned on both sides of the frontal entrance and one in the middle of the roof. The image was taken in winter. Behind the fence of the church can be seen gravestones ; The author of the photograph was the father of the photo owner. He was an engineer - building roads and bridges (a specialization in the former KK Austria), Mikołaj Bogdanowicz. During the 1st World War, as a native of Galicia, he was appointed to the Austrian army. In this army he was the commander of three companies of engineers, one of whom was Jewish company. The area of its operation was Volhynia and partially Podolia, where during many months of "stopping" of the front he was building trenches, roads, bridges, etc. ; the period of 1st World War, Podolia, now Ukraine ; The photo sent to the contest named “Photography of the Polish village pre-1948” organized in 1983 by the quarterly “Fotografia” (Photography) and the weekly “Nowa Wieś” (New village). Copy of the photo kept at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (former Institute for the History of Material Culture)

Format:

application/pdf

Resource Identifier:

oai:rcin.org.pl:45390

Source:

IAiE PAN, call no. 233A-67

Rights:

Rights Reserved - Restricted Access

Terms of use:

Copyright-protected material. Access only on terminals at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, may be used within the limits of statutory user freedoms.

Digitizing institution:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Original in:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Projects co-financed by:

Programme Innovative Economy, 2010-2014, Priority Axis 2. R&D infrastructure ; European Union. European Regional Development Fund

Object collections:

Last modified:

May 29, 2014

In our library since:

May 29, 2014

Number of object content hits:

7

All available object's versions:

http://www.rcin.org.pl/iae/publication/59966

Show description in RDF format:

RDF

Show description in OAI-PMH format:

OAI-PMH