Place of publishing:
Type of object:
Subject and Keywords:
1. Bielewska, A. (2012), The geographies of nationalidentity: The modern and postmodern national identities of Poles in Manchester, Ethnicities, 12(1): 86-105.
2. Billig, M. (1995), Banal Nationalism, London, Sage.
3. Bolt, G., Burgers, J. and van Kempen, R. (1998), On the social significance of spatial location; Spatial segregation and social inclusion. Journal of Housing and the Built Environm ent, 13 (1): 83-95.
4. Blunt, A. and Dowling, R. (2006), Home, London, Routledge.
5. Brown, B. (2003), White immigrants. A portrait of the Polish community in London, Working Paper No. 5, London, Institute of Community Studies.
6. Burrell, K. (2006), Moving lives: Narratives of nation and migration among Europeans in postwar Britain, Aldershot, Asgate.
7. Cohen, R. (1997), Global diasporas. An introduction, London, UCL Press Limited.
8. Cresswell, T. (2002), Introduction: Theorizing place, in Cresswell, T. and Verstraet, G. (eds.). Mobilizing place, placing mobility, Amsterdam, Rodopi, pp. 11-32.
9. Cresswell, T. (2004), Place: a short introduction, Oxford, Blackwell.
10. Culter, D. M., Glaeser, E. L. and Vigdor, J. L. (2005), Is the melting pot still hot? Explaining the resurgance of immigrants segregation, NBER Working 11 295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
11. Eade, J., Drinkwater, S., and Garapich, M. (2006), Class and ethnicity—Polish migrants in London. CRONEM, Univeristy of Surrey, <http://www.surrey.ac.uk/Arts/CRONEM/polish/POLISH_FINAL_RESEARCH_REPORT_WEB.pdf. >.
12. Edensor, T. (2002), National identity, popular culture and everyday life, Oxford, Berg.
13. Garapich, M. (2008), Odyssean refugees migrants and power: Construction of the 'other' and civil participation within the Polish community in the United Kingdom, in Reed-Danahay, D. and Brettell, C. (eds.). Citizenship, political engagement, and belonging: Immigrants in Europe and the United States, New Jersey: Rutgers University Press, pp. 124-43.
14. Grabowska-Lusińska, I. (2007,) Skill shortages, emigration and unemployment in Poland—Causes and implications, <http://www.migrationonline.cz/e-library/'?x=2004866>.
15. Grabowska-Lusińska, L. and Okólski, M. (2009), Emigracja ostatnia? [Last emigration'?]. Warszawa, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Scholar.
16. Home Office (2010), Home Office Statistical Bulletin 15/10, London, Home Office.
17. Jaźwińska, E., and Okólski M. (eds.) (2001), Ludzie na huśtawce [People on swing]. Warszawa, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Scholar.
18. Kohn, M. (2007), Avery modern migration. Catalyst, <www.catalystmagazine.org>, March-April, 9-11.
19. Lieberson, S. (1961). The Impact of Residential Segregation on Ethnic Assimilation, Social Forces, 40 (1): 52-57.
20. Massey, D.(1992), A Place Called Home, New Formations, 17: 3-15.
21. Massey, D.S., Gross, A. B., and Shibuya, K .(1994), Migration, Segregation, and the Geographic Concentration of Poverty, American Sociological Review, 59 (3): 425-445.
22. Nagel, J. (1994), Constructing ethnicity: creating and recreating ethnic identity and culture. Social problems, 41(1): 152-176.
23. Office for National Statistics (2001), Neighbourhood Statistic, <http://neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/LeadTableView.do'?a = 3&b = 276778&c = Manchester&d = l3&e = 16&g=351271&i = 1001xl003xl006&k= migration&m = 0&r=l&s = 1311343621435&enc = l&domainId = 16&dsFamilyId=85>, last accessed October 2011.
24. Patton, M. Q. (1987), How to use qualitative methods in evaluation. Sage Publications, London. Poland in Exile (n.d.), <http://www.polandinexile.com/index.html>, last accessed October2011.
25. Rabikowska, M. (2010), The ritualisation of food, home and national identity among Polish migrants in London, Social Identities, 16 (3): 377 -398.
26. Robinson, D. Reeve and K. Casey, R. (2007), The housing pathways of new immigrants. Sheffield, Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
27. Sassen, S. (2002), Introduction: locating cities on global circuits, in Sassen, S. (ed.). Global networks, linked cities, New York, Routledge, pp. 1 - 38.
28. Scragg, T. (1986), The Polish community in Manchester and the North West, Unpublished Master dissertation, Manchester Polytechnic, Manchester.
29. Sheller, M. and Urry, J. (2006), The new mobilities paradigm. Environment and Planning A 38, 207-26.
30. Song, M. (2003), Choosing ethnic identity, Cambridge, Polity Press.
31. Stowarzyszenie Polskich Kombatantów w Wielkiej Brytanii [Polish Combatants' Associationin Great Britain] (n.d.), <http://spk-wb.com>, last accessed October 2011.
32. Sword, K„ Davis, N. and Ciechowski, J. (1989), The Formation of the Polish community in Great Britain 1939-1950, London, School of Slavonic And East European Studies, University of London.
33. Temple, B. (1994), Polish identity and community, Manchester, Manchester University, Sociology Occasional Papers.
34. Towalski, R. (2003), Unemployment in 2002 examined, The European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions,<http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/eiro/2003/07/feature/pl0307107f.htm>.
35. Tsing, A. (2002), The global situation, in Inda, J., Reader, A. and Rosaldo, R. (eds.). The Anthropology of Globalization, Oxford, Blackwell, pp. 453-485.
36. Tuan, Yi-Fu (1977), Space and place: The perspective of experience, Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press.
37. Zubrzycki, J. (1956), Polish immigrants in Britain—A study of adjustment, Martinus Nijhoff, The Hague.