Ukraine is going through a complex process of transformational changes. It occurs under the Russian aggression in Donbas and Crimea occupation and with simultaneous aggravation in the global geopolitical situation, emergence of the new confrontation lines and conflicts. Due to some complex factors, Ukraine has overcome a significant number of challenges, including the one in the area of spatial development. The today’s consequences include among others significant polarization of regional development as well as urgent problems of specific areas development (remote regions, coastal zones and mountain area). The paper’s objective is to analyze the framework conditions and key features of spatial integration of Ukraine as a basis for Sustainable Spatial Development Strategy implementation.References:
1. Burkinski B.V., Rudenko L.G, Shapar A.G. (eds.), 2012. Scientific fundamentals of the Ukraine sustainable development strategy's design. Odessa: IPREED NAS of Ukraine, IG NAS of Ukraine, IPPE NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
2. CEMAT, 2007. Spatial development glossary. European Conference of Ministers responsible for Spatial/Regional Planning, http://book.coe.int [21 July 2016].
3. CMU, 2014. On the State Regional Development Strategy for the period until 2020. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/385-2014-%D0%BF [21 July 2016].
4. ESPON, 2013. INTERCO–Indicators of Territorial Cohesion. ESPON program. https://www.espon.eu/main/Menu_Projects/Menu_ESPON2013Projects/Menu_ScientificPlatform/interco.html [21 July 2016].
5. Eurostat, Sustainable Development Indicators. European Commission, http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/sdi/indicator-framework [21 July 2016].
6. ESPON, 2013. KITCASP – Key Indicators for Territorial Cohesion and Spatial Planning. ESPON program. https://www.espon.eu/main/Menu_Projects/Menu_ESPON2013Projects/Menu_TargetedAnalyses/kitcasp.html [21 July 2016].
7. Grechko T.K., Lisovsky S.A., Romaniuk S.A., Rudenko L.G., 2015. Public Administration in provision of sustainable (balanced) development. Kyiv: The National Academy of Public Administration at the President of Ukraine Administration, the Institute of Geography of Ukraine NAS [in Ukrainian].
8. Heyets V.M. (ed.), 2010. The New Direction: reforms in Ukraine. 2010-2015. National Report. Kyiv: NVTSNBUV [in Ukrainian].
9. Kravtsiv V.S., 2013. Conceptual framework of development and implementation of the state sustainable development program of Ukrainian Carpathians. Economy of Ukraine: political and economic journal, vol. 1, pp. 5-7 [in Ukrainian].
10. Lisovsky S.A., 2009. Society and nature: the balance of interests in Ukraine. Kyiv: Institute of Geography of Ukraine NAS [in Ukrainian].
11. Lisovsky S.A., Marushevski G.B., Pavlichenko P.G., Rudenko L.G., Tymochko T.V, 2012. Draft of Ukraine's report to the UN conference on sustainable (balanced) development Rio + 20. Kyiv: Center for Environmental Education and Information [in Ukrainian].
12. Nudelman V.I., 2015. Unfairness of space. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
13. Rudenko L.G. (ed.), 2004. Assessment of the final document of the World Summit on Sustainable Development (Johannesburg, 2002) implementation in Ukraine. Kyiv: Academperiodica, (in Ukrainian).
14. Rudenko L.G. (ed.), 2014. State of the Agenda for the XXI Century" provisions implementation in Ukraine (2002 – 2012). Kyiv: Academperiodica [in Ukrainian].
15. Rudenko L.G., Maruniak YE.O., 2012. Landscape planning and its role in addressing the challenges of Ukraine sustainable spatial development. Ukrainian Geographic journal, vol.1. pp 3-8 [in Ukrainian].
16. Rudenko L.G. (ed.), 2005. Ukraine: main trends of interaction between society and nature in the twentieth century (geographical aspect). Kyiv: Academperiodica [in Ukrainian].
17. Topchiyev O.G., Malchikova D.S., Shashero A.M., 2010. Methodological principles of a region geoplanning. Ukrainian Geographical Journal, no 1. pp. 23 – 31, [in Ukrainian].
18. UN, 2007. Indicators of Sustainable Development: Guidelines and Methodologies. United Nations, http://www.un.org/esa/sustdev/natlinfo/indicators/guidelines.pdf [21 July 2016].
19. VR, 2014. On State Budget of Ukraine for 2014. News of Verhovna Rada of Ukraine, vol. 9.
20. Zgurovsky M. (Ed), 2009. Sustainable Development of Ukrainian Regions. Kyiv: NTU "KPI", [in Ukrainian].