RCIN and OZwRCIN projects

Collection

Polish Geographical Society Collection

The collection gathers items from 26 thousand. book collection of the Polish Geographical Society, collected in the years 1918-1953. It was the beginning of the collection of the present Central Library of Geography and Environmental Protection of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw. It contains books, magazines, maps and atlases, including geographic positions, travel and sightseeing literature. Among the founders of the PTG, as you can read on the Society's home page, there were professors from the universities of Warsaw and Jagiellonian (including Stanisław Lencewicz, Jan Lewiński, Jerzy Loth, Bolesław Olszewicz, Stanisław Poniatowski and Ludomir Sawicki). The founding members were people of various professions and scientific specialties: geographers, economists, historians, sociologists, meteorologists, geologists, botanists, zoologists and anthropologists. This is reflected in the subject and quality of the collection. After the end of World War II, the collection of the Library of the Society, thanks to numerous donations, grew quickly and today constitute a valuable collection of books maps and atlases.

Collections

Subcollections

Collections (0)

Objects

Most viewed

This page uses 'cookies'. More information