Place of publishing:
Subject and Keywords:
The paper analyses the educational infrastructure of Blagoevgrad district, the main characteristics and bureaus of vocational education, the type of training programs and their linkages with the specific expertisedemand of the regional economy and the different communal services. Vocational education is crucial for the formation of knowledge and skills of the workforce and to overcome the gap between the qualitativecharacteristics of labour demand and jobs offered. The study covers the period 2001–2011 - the period when Bulgaria was preparing to join the European Union and when the country became a member of this organization.During that period, several changes in the educational system and the organization and functioning of the labour market occurred.
1. Mihaylov, V., 2008, Development and management of human resources in north-western Bulgaria, Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis, Sofia, University St. Kliment Ohridski, 175.
2. Todorova, S., 2005. Education and access to educational institutions. Demographic development of the Republic Bulgaria, pp. 128 -136.
3. Areas Districts and Municipalities in the Republic of Bulgaria in 2010, NSI. http://www2.mon.bg.
4. Education Act, SG. 99 16.12.2011. http://www.erisee.org/downloads/2013/2/b/Education%20Law%202012%20BL.pdf
5. Development Plan of the Municipality of Bansko 2007-2013, 2007, pp. 41. http://www.strategy.bg/StrategicDocuments/View.aspx?lang=bg-BG&Id=24.
6. Development Plan for the Municipality of Gotse Delchev during 2006-2013, 2007. http://www.strategy.bg/StrategicDocuments/View.aspx?lang=bg-BG&Id=28.
7. District Strategy for Regional Development of the administrative centre of Blagoevgrad for the period 2005 - 2015, 2005, pp. 64. http://www.strategy.bg.