Object

This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.
This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.

Title: [The Station of the Voluntary Fire Department in Białopole] [An iconographic document]

Date issued/created:

[1929]

Resource Type:

Photography

Description:

The photo depicts a low wooden building with a sign attached at the roof height saying: “Station of the Voluntary Fire Department in Białopole”. In front of the gate to the building there is a wooden fire engine wagon with a pomp and a water-cart. There are three men standing next to the firemen equipment – three of them are in firemen uniforms and helmets and three in civilian clothes (one is wearing glasses). According to the photo's owner, it depicts a fire station, newly built in 1929 in the village of Białopole, at that time in Hrubieszów district. Attention is drawn to the “new” fire equipment which was the pride of Białopole residents. The fire station was used as a venue for various events and village feasts. Some of the people depicted in the photo have been identified: the man wearing glasses is the photo’s owner’s father (the organizer and founder of the voluntary fire department made of village residents). Standing on the left – without a hat – is the then-present "wojt" [village-mayor] of Białopole commune (…). The remaining people were residents of the village – already dressed in firemen uniforms ; 1929, Białopole, voiv. lubelskie ; The photo sent to the contest named “Photography of the Polish village pre-1948” organized in 1983 by the quarterly “Fotografia” (Photography) and the weekly “Nowa Wieś” (New village). Copy of the photo kept at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (former Institute for the History of Material Culture)

Format:

application/pdf

Resource Identifier:

oai:rcin.org.pl:18401

Source:

IAiE PAN, call no. 197-2

Rights:

Rights Reserved - Restricted Access

Terms of use:

Copyright-protected material. Access only on terminals at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, may be used within the limits of statutory user freedoms.

Digitizing institution:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Original in:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Projects co-financed by:

Programme Innovative Economy, 2010-2014, Priority Axis 2. R&D infrastructure ; European Union. European Regional Development Fund

Object collections:

Last modified:

Feb 5, 2014

In our library since:

Dec 31, 2012

Number of object content hits:

32

All available object's versions:

http://www.rcin.org.pl/iae/publication/29546

Show description in RDF format:

RDF

Show description in OAI-PMH format:

OAI-PMH